That's right. Jodi's the one who sends out the sweetly worded rejection emails from Jenny's agency. I should know; I've received two of them.
At any rate, Jodi has kindly volunteered her time in order to read and comment on 50 queries right here on the blog. Here's how it will work:
- The Query Contest is open to authors of COMPLETED MANUSCRIPTS who have ALREADY BEGUN or are GETTING READY TO BEGIN the query process.
- Your query letter should be in FINAL FORM (no rough drafts or "first tries")
- Each entrant will mail his QUERY LETTER and FIRST 250 WORDS OF THE NOVEL to me at facelesswords(at)gmail.com in the following format:
QUERY LETTER (don't type "query letter"; just insert the letter here)
FIRST 250 WORDS (don't type "first 250 words"; just insert the words here)
- I will take THE FIRST 50 ENTRIES in the submission time frame
- Submissions will open on MONDAY, JULY 27 at 9:00 am EDT
- Submissions will close AS SOON AS I HAVE RECEIVED 50 entries
- Science Fiction
- Young Adult (including SFF)
- MG (including SFF)
- Women's Fiction (including Chicklit)
Questions? The comment box eagerly awaits.
And...do I hear a HUZZAH!! ?