So. A few things, some of which have come up as questions in comment boxes recently:
- The Secret Agent contests run monthly, except for June and December (summer and Christmas break, respectively). You may not enter two consecutive Secret Agent contests, and if you are a winner, you must wait six months before entering the same manuscript in a future contest. The full Secret Agent contest rules are clickized in the sidebar.
- The 1000-word critiques run whenever I feel like it--or whenever there isn't a lot of other stuff happening (such as a Secret Agent contest). When you send your 1000-word excerpt, you will be assigned a post number. Your number will wait in the queue until your turn is up. If you have revisions, you can send them at any time (just put 1000 words and your post number in the subject line). If you want to redact, you may do so at any time. And if you want to enter a Secret Agent contest, you must redact, but you may re-submit after the contest, taking a later spot in the queue. Yes, there is a full post about all this, listed under "1000 Words." No, I don't feel like finding it right now. (Humor me. I'm flying through this so I can dig in to my writing today.)
- No, I am not an agent. (Seriously.)
- I am honored and blessed when you nominate me for blog awards--I really am. The reason I don't reciprocate is because I can't afford to take up my sidebar space with the cute little award piccies--and I also don't want to give the impression that I'm endorsing one author's blog over another simply because I've passed along a nomination to someone. I wouldn't dream of accepting the award without playing fairly, so I usually don't respond. But I wanted to let you all know that I sincerely appreciate the nominations and blog awards. I really do!
- I'm still waiting for The Person Who Nominated Me For The Writer's Digest 101 Best Websites For Writers list to step forward and confess. That, and I want to ask you to nominate me for 2010. *grin*
- We've got two more Secret Agent contests coming up this year, so stay tuned for October's submission info.
- No, your title is not included in the word count of your submission. For anything. Ever.
- Yes, I'm still working on my dystopic thing. Hello, Draft 3. But right now I'm focusing on a rewrite of my MG fantasy, which is coming along nicely.
- Yes, I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to receive online gift cards for fine chocolate, gourmet cashews, and books. No, really.