Monday, April 25, 2011

A Small First Fifty Crit Round

So it's going to be more manageable for me, I think, if I strive to have MORE crit rounds with FEWER entries per round.  So at noon Eastern, submissions will open for the first twenty entries of the opening 50 words of your manuscript.

To make this more fair:

PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU HAVE BEEN A PARTICIPANT IN ANY CRIT ROUND OR CONTEST SO FAR THIS YEAR.

Let's spread the love around.

Guidelines:

  • Submissions will open at noon EDT TODAY.
  • The first 20 entries will be accepted.
  • All genres except erotica.
  • Enter the FIRST 50 words of your manuscript, completed or in progress.
  • Format as usual:
SCREEN NAME: type it here
TITLE: type it here
GENRE: type it here

Type your 50 words here.

All entries to crits and contests ALWAYS go to authoress.submissions(at)gmail.com.  Plain text is best. DON'T FORGET THE COLONS IN YOUR SCREEN NAME, etc., HEADERS.  

Also?  The use of MSN, Yahoo, and Hotmail is strongly discouraged.  I think they may have blacklisted us, as it seems no one gets responses when they enter from those accounts...which means, probably, that I've never received the entries.

Best bet?  Gmail.

Questions?  Below!

13 comments:

  1. Yay! Looking forward to reading the entries!

    And, I sent mine from yahoo when I entered a crit round earlier this year, and got a reply fine. Maybe I was just lucky?

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also sent from Yahoo. I didn't get in (because I wasn't fast enough), but the message telling me I didn't get in came through just fine.

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows! Seems like the last 2 SA contests were rife with problems. Glad it worked for you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat!
    Is this one crit round where it is okay to end in the middle of a sentence, since the word count is so specific?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope; authors should NEVER end anything in the middle of a sentence. :)

    I've padded the word count by 5 to accommodate sentence endings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not heard about the problems, but mine worked before. Not sure about this time; I received an error, so I don't know if I will make it. Look forward to reading these though : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Question(In Dwight Shroot's voice):

    Autobot rejected my entries because if word count. I checked the word count of the text (name, title, genre not included) and both @ 50 words. What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm accepted!! (Sorry, everyone, it said I'm #20.) I'm so excited!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Robin. Since I just sent in I know I am not accepted. There is always a next time.

    Thanks authoress :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just realized that you must only have one space between the colon and the information following: SCREEN NAME, TITLE and GENRE!

    French Lady

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darn, the things that happen when I'm asleep.
    -_- ...

    Congrats to everyone who got through.

    ReplyDelete