Monday, August 27, 2012

First Line Grabber Round 2 Winners

And here are JM Frey's top five picks:

2
5
9
10*
13

*JM's favorite!

Congratulations, winners!  Please EMAIL your first 500 words to me at facelesswords(at)gmail.com.  Please format your entries as follows:

TITLE: (type it here)
GENRE: (type it here)

(Type your first 500 words here. Single-spaced with a double space between paragraphs.)

The FINAL ROUND goes live ON WEDNESDAY, so please send me your 500-word excerpt BY NOON EASTERN ON TUESDAY.  This will give me time to fix any formatting errors.

And yes, THERE WILL BE AGENTS STOPPING BY ON WEDNESDAY.  Naturally. *grin*

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! Are we allowed to tweak our first three sentences based on the helpful comments we received?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, winners!

    I didn't go on, but I did get enough info to completely rewrite my first chapter (yes, again). Thank you, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! Congratulations, winners. Looking forward to your full 500(!) words. Very exciting, indeed!

    And thanks to you all for taking time to read and comment on my intro! I truly appreciate it and will definitely give back. See you at the "party"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you so much for everyone who gave critical feedback--it's really, really helpful to have advice on making changes!!! <3

    ReplyDelete