Monday, August 20, 2012

Seven Winners!

And here they are:

FOUR FINALISTS:

#4 Price of Refuge
#10 Pomegranate Seeds
#21 Inner Demons
#35 Hope's Redemption

THE PRIZE:

Ms. Wheeler would like to see the first 50 pages of your manuscript.

THE PLACE-WINNERS:

THIRD PLACE:

#14 Waiting For

TIE FOR FIRST PLACE:

#19 Secondhand Sinners
#32 Other Side of Silence

THE PRIZE:

Ms. Wheeler says:  "For some reason, these samples just resonated with me and I found I wanted to keep reading.  If you could have the authors submit a complete manuscript, synopsis, and author bio to me, that would be great."

And there you have it!  A wonderful round for our (outnumbered) adult fiction writers.  Congratulations to ALL!

Winners, please email me at facelesswords(at)gmail.com for specific submission instructions.

13 comments:

  1. Great choices! Congrats to all the winners :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-Hoo! Congratulations to all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7 winners, nice! Congratulations, everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! This is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to all the winners! Much luck with your writing.

    Thank you, Authoress, for a wonderful contest. I appreciate this positive venue for sharing my work and learning so much from fellow entrants.

    I appreciate all of the entrants who offered up advice for my opening. I plan to make the necessary adjustments to sharpen the intensity and harness its flow. Your insights were honest, helpful, and positive, and I'm grateful to all of you.

    Sincere thanks to the secret agent who reviewed this scene. In addition to all of the other reviewers, I respect your thoughtful opinion, and your advice will not go unheeded.

    Now, it's on to better writing for me! I look forward to the next contest, and of course the next post by uber-Authoress :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much thanks to Authoress for your dedication and for this opportunity to 'showcase' our work.

    Thanks also to this month's Secret Agent, Paige Wheeler. I enjoyed reading your comments. All were positive and helpful in some way.

    Finally, thank you to the entrants and commenters. We all need a little pat on the back to keep our chin up, and a kick in the pants to help make our words better.

    Until the next contest... :)

    ReplyDelete