Monday, August 12, 2013

This Month's Winners

Here are our Secret Agent's favorites:

RUNNER UP:

#32  Call of the Crow

PRIZE:

Ms. Drayton would like to see your first 20 pages, which she promises to read!

WINNERS:

#41 Crossing the Divide
#49 Grace and the Guardian

(Because she loved them both so much she couldn't choose between them.)

PRIZE:

Ms. Drayton would like to see your query letter and the first 50 pages, and she will provide a critique.

Congratulations!  Winners, please email me at facelesswords(at)gmail.com for specific submission instructions.

7 comments:

  1. I'm kinda bummed I didn't get any feedback from this agent--she seems awesome, and I liked her comments on the other posts. Too bad. But congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petre Pan, you should ALWAYS email me in instances like this. Blogger frequently eats comments without warning, and I always get in touch with the agents to let them know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all the winners! I'm especially excited for the author of Grace and the Guardian because she's in my critique group! I'd mention her name but I don't know if she wants to remain anonymous or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Group:

    Observation 1: I thought this batch of Secret Agent entries was a cut above the usual. Kudos to the winners.

    Observation 2: I have a confession. I entered my previous Secret Agent winner, THE PIT, to see what would happen. Ms. Drayton didn't like it. This is good news for y'all, I think. Agents are not cookie cutter pieces. They are human beings with definite likes and dislikes and prejudices. Keep trying to find a representative that will be a good fit for you.

    THE PIT will be published in November or December (Not due to winning a Secret Agent contest. The agent in my case never contacted me.) Keep working those queries. Have faith and don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winners! I haven't gotten around to reading them all (yet) but have found them to be interesting and entertaining. Good luck, everybody!

    ReplyDelete