Here's the way it works:
- Once the 50 entries have posted, all readers may leave critique in the comment box of each entry.
- While the critiquing is going on, our Secret Agent will appear and also leave feedback--for ALL 50 ENTRIES! This is great not only for the folks who entered, but for everyone who takes the time to read through to see how a literary agent responds to various opening pages.
- Next Monday, I will post the identity of our Secret Agent AND the winning entries
- Please leave your critique for each entry in the comment box for that entry.
- Please choose a screen name to sign your comments. The screen name DOES NOT have to be your real name; however, it needs to be an identifiable name. ("Anonymous" is not a name.)
- Critiques should be honest but kind, helpful but sensitive.
- Critiques that attack the writer or are couched in unkind words will be deleted.*
- Cheerleading IS NOT THE SAME as critiquing. Please don't cheerlead.
- Having said that, it is perfectly acceptable to say positive things about an entry that you feel is strong. To make these positive comments more helpful, say why it's a strong entry.
- ENTRANTS: As your way of "giving back", please critique a minimum of 5 other entries.
*I can't possibly read every comment. If you ever see a comment that is truly snarky, please email me. I count on your help.