This is a crit round for manuscripts in distress. In other words, you've got a COMPLETED story, you've done a lot of revising, but you've got a scene or a section or an opening or a transition or SOMETHING that just isn't working.
I will take 5 submissions of 500 words of whatever's broken.
And then, hopefully, you'll receive enough critique to help you fix it.
PLEASE NOTE: This is the honor system. If your manuscript IS NOT FINISHED, or if you honestly don't have something that isn't working for you no matter how hard you've worked on it, please don't submit.
I want to target folks who are really wringing their hands over something.
- Submissions will open at 8 pm EDT today.
- Submit an excerpt of up to 500 words of your COMPLETED MANUSCRIPT.
- Include a few sentences to set up the scene, so we understand what's going on. (Yes, the 500 words includes the set-up, so BE BRIEF!)
- Send your submission to authoress.submissions(at)gmail.com
- Only 5 will be accepted. Please do not submit if you know you do not qualify.
- I will accept 1 alternate in case one of the 5 for some reason does not qualify.
- Same format as always:
SCREEN NAME: type it here
TITLE: type it here
GENRE: type it here
Type your brief lead-in here.
Type your excerpt here.
The excerpts will post on THURSDAY MORNING.
A short note: Last time, some of the entrants did not include a brief lead-in. If the excerpt is the opening of your novel, that's fine. But if it's not, it REALLY helps to give us an idea of what's going on before you drop us into the scene.