Emmanuelle Alspaugh joined Judith Ehrlich Literary in August 2008. Previously she was an agent at Wendy Sherman Associates and an editor at Fodor's, the travel division of Random House. She represents romance, women’s fiction, and historical fiction, as well as select nonfiction categories, including memoir, psychology, and relationships. Her clients include Alissa Johnson (McAlistair’s Fortune), Danielle Younge-Ullman (Falling Under), Jenny Brown (Lord Lightning), Adrienne Kane (Cooking and Screaming), and Andrea Richesin (Because I Love Her). Emmanuelle was born in France and grew up in Eugene, Oregon, before settling in New York City to work in publishing. She enjoys developing long-term relationships with her clients, helping them to build strong and lasting literary careers.
What Emmanuelle is currently looking for:
- Paranormal romance, particularly the dark and edgy kind (I’m hankering for some shape-shifters and werewolves)
- Historical romance, mainly sexy Regencies
- Urban fantasy
- General historical fiction set in Europe
- Upmarket, high-concept women’s fiction with strong female protagonists (as opposed to those recovering from something)
- Literary fiction with an international setting