It's been a while since I've worn my editor's cap, but I've decided, at least for a little while, to offer limited services to any writers who might need them. In short, I'm bringing back my Premiere Critique on a first come, first served basis.
WHAT IS A PREMIERE CRITIQUE?
A Premiere Critique is an editorial letter and a detailed line edit of the first 75 pages of your completed, polished manuscript. I will complete your critique within 1 week of your having hired me.
Things to think about:
- If nobody has ever read your work before (as in, ever), then don't hire me. Find a critique partner.
- If this is your Very First Novel, then I am not the editor for you. My time--and your money--is better served if you have a novel or two under your belt, and if your current manuscript is clean. (Clean doesn't mean "perfect": it just means...clean. Polished and proofread.)
- I will edit most genres, but if you're not sure, please check with me in your introductory email. I will absolutely not accept erotica or erotic romance, and I also do not accept memoirs. My strengths are YA and MG, though I've done a sizable number of adult critiques in the past. My true loves are fantasy and science fiction, but again, I'm open to all the things, other than my exceptions noted above.
- A Premiere Critique costs $260. I will require a $130 dollar down payment, and the remaining $130 will be due after you've received my critique.
- Payments are accepted via Paypal or Venmo.