Monday, September 16, 2013

Secret Agent Unveiled: Jennifer Udden


Huge thanks to the lovely and helpful Jennifer Udden of the Donald Maass Agency!

Jennifer's Bio:

Jennifer Udden is originally from Houston, Texas, and joined the DMLA in 2010. She represents speculative fiction, urban fantasy, and mysteries, as well as historical, contemporary, and paranormal romance. She graduated with honors from Mount Holyoke College and previously worked in nonprofit arts fundraising. She blogs intermittently tweets incessantly at @suddenlyjen, and sometimes adds information to her website. She lives in Brooklyn.

What she's looking for right now:

My interests run the gamut, from historical fiction to hard scifi to YA of all stripes (though I'm not actively seeking middle-grade at the moment.) I'd love to find a YA that absorbs all my attention like Maggie Stiefvater's THE RAVEN BOYS or has me hungering for more like THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS. I'm also looking for exciting science fiction projects that feel epic in the way of A CANTICLE FOR LEIBOWITZ. In terms of literary fiction and mysteries, I'm looking for settings that break the mold and characters that break the rules. And for romance, I want plot and passion that work together to satisfy the reader, regardless of the time period or setting- think my client Tracey Devlyn's NEXUS series or DMLA client Thea Harrison's ELDER RACES books.

Winners forthcoming!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to see who the winners are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused. Subs were for YA bio above says YA. Confused! Help???

    ReplyDelete