Monday, October 19, 2009

Secret Agent Unveiled: RACHELLE GARDNER

Warm thanks to the lovely and oh-so-helpful-and-detailed Rachelle Gardner of Wordserve Literary.

Rachelle's bio:

Rachelle Gardner is an agent with WordServe Literary representing both fiction and non-fiction, and specializing in the Christian market. Her fourteen years in publishing have included positions in editorial as well as sales, marketing, and subsidiary rights. She has ghostwritten eight published books and edited more than seventy.

What Rachelle is currently looking for:

Rachelle is looking at all genres of adult fiction except fantasy, sci-fi, and erotica, and prefers stories with strong characters and themes that encourage a life of faith without being churchy. Currently her favorite genres are contemporary women's fiction, historical romance, and romantic suspense. In non-fiction, she’s looking for authors with strong messages (for either a Christian audience or the general market) and significant marketing platforms.

Stay tuned for the winner announcement!

16 comments:

  1. I have to admit...I had a feeling. Rachelle would be a dream agent and anybody would be lucky to have her. To get a critique from her? Lucky, lucky, luckier! Seriously, this SA contest rocked! Her critiques and suggestions were platinum! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were! Such helpful, detailed critiques. Of course the comments on my own entry were helpful, but I also learned a lot reading through the critiques of the other entries. Thank you for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachelle went above and beyond in her helpful comments. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I really appreciated the detailed feedback on my submission AND learned a lot from reading the critiques of others.

    Thank you for taking the time to provide so much feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbelievable feedback and time put into the submissions. What a treat for all participants and readers alike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great feedback, Rachelle. Good luck all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to Rachel and Authoress for another great round. (I so wish you liked fantasy Rachel!) Congrats to the lucky winners.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - such very helpful comments. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that was incredibly generous! What a lot of time and thought you put into these critiques. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! It was my pleasure. Love reading up-and-coming writers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Rachelle! I learned so much from your critique as well as received encouragement and optimism that I truly needed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this was an amazing lesson. Thanks so much to Rachelle for offering such detailed critiques on everything! I learned so much from this...not only that my opening scene rots (LOL!) but about *looking* at opening scenes differently. I know what comes next, and I know where it immediately jumps into. The reader doesn't, they have no idea that it is two paragraphs later! :) They are just confused. I am all into revamping this now...this exercise has been an eye opener!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - how lucky are we! This was such a fantastic experience - an eye opener for sure. Thanks so much for the critques everyone - the one thing we desperately want as a writer is honest feedback, yet sometimes its the hardest thing to accept!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The SA was excellent this month. Ms. Gardner provided thorough, constructive feedback. All contestants were fortunate to have an SA who took so much time to help them improve their craft.
    SA Gardener, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Though I didn't enter this contest, I have learned so much. Thank you, Ms. Gardner. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much, Rachelle. I am grateful and humbled to be chosen among such excellent work. I learned a great deal from the process because you took such care with each entry. In fact, reading everyone's comments on all the entries was like taking a full year course in fiction writing. Thanks and good luck with your writing to all.

    ReplyDelete