Monday, August 23, 2010

Secret Agent Unveiled: CAMERON MCCLURE

Thanks and hurrahs to our delightful Secret Agent Cameron McClure of the Maass Agency.

Cameron's Bio:

Cameron McClure joined the Donald Maass Literary Agency in 2004, and handles the agency's foreign and film rights as well as her own growing client list. Prior to this she worked as an assistant agent for Curtis Brown. She represents mostly fiction, and is especially looking for projects that combine genre style plotting with literary quality writing. She's also interested in seeing literary fiction, mystery and suspense, urban fantasy (fantasy and SF set on earth), and projects with multi-cultural, international, environmental, and GBLT themes. She's drawn to non-fiction that reads like fiction, and that explores subcultures or topics that haven't quite broken into the mainstream.

What Cameron's looking for right now:

In terms of what I'm specifically looking for now, my bio is pretty accurate, but I would emphasize genre fiction such as fantasy and urban fantasy, mystery and suspense, and any literary or commercial fiction with speculative elements. The recession has made publishers very risk averse, and so anything experimental or too far out of the box is difficult right now. And I don't think it's just publishers, readers in this environment seem to want to know what to expect from the stories they chose. All this to say that while I am still drawn to projects that blur category lines, I am very careful about those I take on.

Stay tuned for our winners!

2 comments:

  1. This contest was fantastic! Thanks so much both to Authoress and to Cameron. I really enjoyed reading the 'secret agent' comments on the entries, they were all very thoughtful and helpful. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to ALL the winners. This was a terrific bunch this round. I enjoyed several as do I see so did SA Cameron McClure.

    ReplyDelete