Monday, February 8, 2010

Submissions Are Now Open

The February SECRET AGENT CONTEST is now open for submissions.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

* Submissions will be open for 24 hours or until 50 eligible entries have been received, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.
* Submissions received before the contest opens will be disqualified.
* Submissions are for COMPLETED MANUSCRIPTS ONLY. If you wouldn't want an agent to read the entire thing, DON'T SEND IT. If an "entire thing" doesn't exist, you shouldn't even be reading these rules.
* Manuscripts THAT HAVE BEEN IN A SECRET AGENT CONTEST DURING THE PAST SIX MONTHS (August-January) will not be accepted.
* You may submit A DIFFERENT MANUSCRIPT if you've participated in any of the 2009 Secret Agent contests.
* Only ONE ENTRY per person per contest. If you send more than one, your subsequent entry(ies) will be deleted.
* If you are PAST WINNER, please DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST. (Unless it's a different manuscript.)
* Submissions are for THE FIRST 250 WORDS of your manuscript. Please do not stop in the middle of a

Your submission for this contest should be formatted as follows:

SCREEN NAME
TITLE
GENRE

(Followed by the excerpt here.)

* No "chapter one," chapter titles, etc.
* You will receive a confirmation email with your post number. I don't always get through quickly. Don't resend.
* Submissions go to facelesswords(at)gmail.com. They DO NOT GO to my authoressmail address. Those of you who are subscribed to this blog via email will note the latter address as the "from." If you use this address for the contest, I WILL NOT SEE YOUR SUBMISSION.

This month's contest will include the following genres:
  • literary fiction
  • young adult fiction
  • science fiction
  • mystery and suspense
  • historical fiction
(Please note: No middle grade this time.)

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I'm so excited! I actually lost sleep over this contest last night. And then I dreamed about it.

    Thanks in advance to Authoress and the Secret Agent. This is an awesome opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! My submission was sent at 12pm, on the nose. Now, I'm nervous.

    Thanks or such an awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a dork that I actually had nightmares that I wasn't going to send it at the right time, since I'm Central time zone. Weird. I know. Hopefully it made it through before it closed down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If an "entire thing" doesn't exist, you shouldn't even be reading these rules."

    Great, those of us who don't have novels won't read the rules. But since I didn't read the rules and my divination skills are a bit rusty, can you tell weather I can submit my humorous novella about an author with a big ego and clownish temper. It's called.

    An Effing Genius!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete