Yes. Many came running, and I now have close to 30 clients. I LOVE THIS! But I need to let the rest of you know that, when you decide your manuscript is ready for a 3-chapter edit, there will be a couple-months-at-the-least wait.
I'm going to try to keep up a 4-to-6-a-month rate, but even at the high end, we're into April. (I'm going to try to catch up so the wait doesn't stretch quite so long.) So please plan ahead. Names are added to the queue after I've had both the down payment and have received your manuscript.
Quick recap of the details (revised):
- The fee is $70 for the first 3 chapters of your manuscript. If your chapters are very short (fewer than 7 pages each), you may send the first 30 pages instead. Otherwise, the 3-chapter length is firm.
- $35 will be payable upon my agreement to take your project. As soon as I receive your payment, your place in line will be secured. The final $35 will be payable upon completion of the project.
- Payments will be accepted via Paypal.
- Your project will be added to the queue as soon as I've received both your down payment and your document. I will let you know when your turn comes up, and you can expect to hear from me within a week after that.
- Please email me at authoress.edits(at)gmail.com if you would like to hire me. I will respond to all emails in the order in which they are received.
- Please also feel free to email me there with any questions you may have. Please do not send editing questions to my facelesswords account.
- What you will receive: A detailed line edit and an editorial letter. I am, as you know, a grammar nazi, and will leave your manuscript error-free. (If you struggle with grammar, I'm definitely your gal.) I will also comment on dialogue, pacing, weak sentences, etc. In short, I will take the time to point out everything I see, in the hope that my comments will be helpful.
- MG and YA are my THING. I will, without hesitation, take on any MG or YA project. If you write adult fiction and would still like to hire my services, I will take on projects on a case by case basis, depending on whether or not I feel I can do a good job for you or not. (For instance, if you write thrillers, I'm probably not the right editor for you.) Feel free to email me at authoress.edits(at)gmail.com to ask questions about your manuscript.
I don't do query letters. While I certainly know a good one when I see it, I don't feel qualified to offer effective critique.
However, I KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES!
Mónica B.W. will critique your 1-page query/synopsis for a modest fee. She will want to see your query and the first 5 pages of your novel, to give her a feel for the story.
Query critique: $15
Query and first 5 pages critique: $20
Mónica is one of our MSFV Success Story Authors and is represented by the lovely Lauren MacLeod of the Strothman Agency. If you're interested in Mónica's services, you can email her at moni.bw(at)gmail(dot)com.