Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May Secret Agent Critique Guidelines

Guidelines for Critique on MSFV:
  • Please leave your critique for each entry in the comment box for that entry.
  • Please choose a screen name to sign your comments. The screen name DOES NOT have to be your real name; however, it needs to be an identifiable name.  ("Anonymous" is not a name.)
  • Critiques should be honest but kind, helpful but sensitive.
  • Critiques that attack the writer or are couched in unkind words will be deleted.*
  • Cheerleading IS NOT THE SAME as critiquing.  Please don't cheerlead.
  • Having said that, it is perfectly acceptable to say positive things about an entry that you feel is strong.  To make these positive comments more helpful, say why it's a strong entry.
  • ENTRANTS: As your way of "giving back", please critique a minimum of 5 other entries.

*I can't possibly read every comment.  If you ever see a comment that is truly snarky, please email me.  I count on your help.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting this and for all your hard work! Sometimes setting up one blog post is exhausting, I can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to have my very first entry in a Secret Agent Contest! I will not look at any of the comments on my entry until I have left feedback for other participants. Major motivation. Thank you to the Authoress for hosting these wonderful contests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this opportunity, Authoress! Having fun with the variety of stories collected here....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting these. It's always so interesting to read the different entries and how readers respond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long do the critiques last until the winners are announced?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting this wonderful event. It's my first time participating in a Secret Agent event and I've found the feedback enormously helpful.

    ReplyDelete