Monday, January 19, 2015

Rachel Brooks's Secret Agent Winners!

Straight from the horse's mouth, as it were:

Thanks so much, Authoress, for organizing this event and inviting me to partake, as well as all the writers for putting your work out there! It’s not easy to have your work publicly critiqued, so bravo for taking that step.

I recognized quite a few entries from my query inbox or other contests, and it was great seeing your dedication to further honing your craft.

So without further delay, the prizes are…

RUNNERS UP:

#7 OVERSHADOWED

#13 WHEN DISASTER STRIKES

#30 LETTERS FROM ROME

Prize: Query, synopsis, and first 25 pages

WINNER:

#27 SUMMER’S ALMOST OVER

Prize: Query, synopsis, and first 100 pages

---

Congratulations, winners!  Please email me at facelesswords(at)gmail.com for submission instructions.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations winners! Well done! I enjoyed reading all the submissions- even the ones I didn't get a chance to comment on. What a great contest. Thank you Authoress, and thank you Rachel Brooks for the time and energy you both brought to this. I feel like I took away a lot of helpful tips. Jenny aka #15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second JennyC's comments. Thank you, Authoress! Thank you, Rachel Brooks! And thank you to everyone who worked so hard on critiques.
    Best of luck everyone!
    Laura, #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting--it was great to get so many positive comments despite not "winning."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thank you! I'm humbled, thrilled, and terrified to be submitting! This will be my first submission to an agent for this work! Thanks for the comments and feedback. :)

    ~Liz, #27

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting and guest critiquing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Authoress and Ms. Brooks! I had a lot of fun reading everyone's works and critiques. Learned a lot, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, winners! Thank you, Ms. Brooks for taking the time to generously offer your feedback. And thank you, Authoress for hosting and organizing. Very kind and generous of you!
    ~Ava aka entry #20

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Authoress, for the wonderful opportunity, and thanks to everyone for the insightful comments. I appreciated them all!

    ~Lori, entry #18

    ReplyDelete