Thursday, March 29, 2018

10TH BIRTHDAY BLOGPITCH #25: Spec Fic

TITLE: Like I'm Made to Save
GENRE: Adult Speculative Fiction

Elliot Siegerland sells morality, one prescription at a time.

As the communications director of a craft pharmaceutical company set to trial its controversial flagship product, Elliot spends his days pushing a drug that promises to curb a whole host of social issues.

But then he tests the drug on himself. He experiences some troubling side effects. And he decides that the drug, along with the company he works for, need to be destroyed.

4 comments:

  1. Great title. Just from the title, I imagined the book would start out snarky and cynical. If I were an agent, I'd read the first few pages just to see if I guessed right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! The only thing I would want is some more specification on how the side effects are "troubling"...Troubling to/for who? You set Elliot up as a morality salesman, so they must be pretty bad to concern him. What is so dastardly as to change his mind? You don't have to give it all away, but I would like a hint about that conflict!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good setup, but you've spent your entire pitch on that and I suspect your story is about more than him just DECIDING to destroy the drug/company. Does he actually destroy is? Do they try to stop him?

    Good luck!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first sentence totally grabbed me. Some spot-on comps would help, too. Great and timely topic.

    ReplyDelete