- NO CRITIQUING THE QUERIES!
- Each comment needs to begin with YES or NO, followed by one sentence (one!) explaining why.
- One comment per reader.
- Comments that do not begin with YES or NO will not be included in the final tally.
- The 5 queries with the most YES responses will be invited to submit their first 500 words for critique.
- Because this contest includes public voting, entrants are NOT encouraged to participate in the commenting.
As for your "yes" and "no" reasons: Try to encapsulate the main strong or weak point of the query into your sentence so that it is as helpful as possible to the author.
NO. I could not determine what the main conflict of your protagonist is.
YES. You've taken a tried-and-true premise and given it a unique twist that makes me want to read more.
NOT SO GOOD:
NO. Your main character's name reminds me of my ex-husband.
YES. Wow! Awesome! I read this before and I've also line-edited your manuscript twice, as you know (hee hee!), so of COURSE you also already know that THIS QUERY ROCKS and you're the BESTEST!
Have fun! Voting will be open until 9:00 am EDT on Thursday. Winners will be announced later that morning.