Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Logline Critique Round for ON THE BLOCK Entrants

You asked for it -- and here it is.

Starting at noon EST today, FOLKS WHO ENTERED ON THE BLOCK BUT WHOSE ENTRIES WERE NOT CHOSEN FOR THE AUCTION may send their loglines for public critique.

(I put that in all caps to stress that this critique round is specifically for these people.  PLEASE DO NOT ENTER A LOGLINE if you did not submit an entry to ON THE BLOCK.)
  • Your logline must be 50 words or fewer.
  • The entry window will be open from NOON today (Tuesday) to NOON tomorrow (Wednesday), EST.
  • The bot will accept the first 25 entries.  This is not a lottery.
  • Please USE THIS FORM to enter your logline.
  • The entries will post on Thursday morning (November 19).  Critique may begin immediately.
  • If your logline is posted, you are requested to critique at least 5 other loglines.
*****IMPORTANT UPDATE*****

I had the dates set wrong, and folks were getting a message that submissions don't open for 7 days.  I HAVE FIXED THIS.  You should be able to enter without any problem now.  I'm so sorry!

17 comments:

  1. I tried to post my entry and the website says the contest does not open for 7 more days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. It says OTB logline critique starts in 7 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, nooooooo!! I'm on it!! (And it WOULD happen when I wasn't available! I'm so sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I put my logline in there is no place to hit submit or enter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn, try opening it in a different browser.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Authoress! Different browser was the trick. Thanks for doing this!

      Delete
  5. Sooooo... it's saying I can only have 50 words. But the longline allowed for 75 in On the Block. (Mine is 60 words). Am I going to be eliminated for this? I'll try hitting submit and see what happens...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, yes, I had it set at max 50 words. I have increased it to 70, so you should be fine now.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! It worked perfect ( :

      Delete
  6. The submit form isn't functioning. It keeps telling me to verify my email. I hit "verify" it just cycles, it just cycles, it just cylce, it just...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay. I got it all filled and then it wouldn't get beyond "preview" - gave me the ghostbuster's circle with a diagonal line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, try opening it in a different browser. Sounds like the problem is on your end...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not enter, but I will try to help the best I can. This is so nice of you, Authoress. I think it's just fair. Thanks for all the writers who were not chosen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sussu, you are chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting. Yes, you are. :)

      Delete