Monday, August 22, 2016

Logline Practice Round

Great news!

Holly Bodger, our very own Logline Guru (and fantastic YA author), has agreed to critique a round of loglines for those of you who are planning to enter the ON THE BLOCK auction next month.

Yay, Holly!

Here are the details:

  • This critique round is specifically for ANYONE WHO IS PLANNING ON ENTERING ON THE BLOCK next month.
  • Submissions will open at noon EDT on Tuesday (tomorrow) and will close at 8 pm EDT.  
  • You will be allowed a maximum of 75 words for your logline.  HOWEVER: You are STRONGLY encouraged to whittle your logline down to 50 words or fewer.
  • Enter HERE.
  • The bot will randomly choose 50 of the entries, and will post them on Wednesday.
  • ALL readers are encouraged to read and critique as many loglines as you can.
  • Holly will critique all 50 loglines!
And there you have it!  

HERE IS ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT ON THE BLOCK, including links to information on how to write a strong logline.

Leave your questions below!

24 comments:

  1. Can you submit more than one longline?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up to Authoress, but I would rather not critique more than one per story.

      Delete
  2. What do I put in the email heading? And should I include my title?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no email submissions. All submissions are via the web form here: www.msfv.firebaseapp.com

      Delete
  3. I don't think the email verification is working on the submission engine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Won't let me send. Says my email is not verified and it won't verify.Keeps saying to check my email and I have many times and my spam folder. Nothing. My email: existing47@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same issue is happening for me. Let us know when this is fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting me know, everyone. I'm meeting with our programmer shortly.

    Sorry!! :(((

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bot is asking to verify my email address, but I have not received the email yet. Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  8. No worries Authoress we will wait! It's probably just a minor issue of the verification email not being coded to send, I have faith it's a quick fix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It usually is (Michael is amazing). We tested email verification 2 weeks ago, and it was working just fine. So I'm sure it's something small...

      Delete
  9. These things happen, it's just the technologically cooky world we live in today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Maybe I'll just host my next contest via snail mail. :)

      Delete
  10. If you use genuine snails, I am totally on board with this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bummed. It never did work for me. Have to go to work now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have extended the submission window! It will be open until 9 pm EDT.

      Delete
    2. Does that mean it's working again yet, or it will be working by then? lol

      Delete
    3. LOL! It's not working yet. I'm just going to keep extending the hours. :)

      Delete
  12. Problem solved! Either hit "resend" on your submission, or simply start over.

    https://msfv.firebaseapp.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! It took my submission! Thanks Authoress.

    ReplyDelete