Summer has flown like it always does, and submissions for our first ON THE BLOCK auction are ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!
HOW IT WORKS:
1. ON THE BLOCK will showcase 24 first pages. All genres in all age levels (MG, YA, NA, adult) except erotica/erotic romance will be included.
2. SUBMISSIONS will be held on Thursday, September 10 from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm EDT. I will be reading the slush pile and will choose the 24 winners.
3. There will be a $21 entry fee for this contest. You may enter no more than 2 manuscripts. A maximum of 250 entries will be accepted.
4. The 24 winning entries will post on the blog on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6.
5. Our PARTICIPATING AGENTS will then begin to read the entries and decide which ones they want to bid on.
6. On TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, the bidding will begin! Each entry will be ON THE BLOCK for EXACTLY 10 MINUTES. At the end of each 10-minute segment, bidding will close, and bidding on the next entry will commence. THIS WILL BE FUN AND EASY, because everyone will only have to watch the bidding on ONE ITEM AT A TIME!
7. Entries will go to the highest bidder (a full request).
Our 15 fabulous participating agents are:
Sally Apokedak (Sally Apokedak)
Danielle Burby (Hannigan Salky Getzler)
Danielle Chiotti (Upstart Crow)
Josh Getzler (Hannigan Salky Getzler)
Melissa Jeglinski (Knight)
Tricia Lawrence (Erin Murphy)
Lauren MacLeod (Strothman)
Victoria Marini (Gelfman Schneider)
Ammi-Joan Paquette (Erin Murphy)
Tamar Rydzinski (Laura Dail)
Jennifer Udden (Donald Maass)
Pam van Hylckama Vlieg (Larson Pomada)
Rena Rossner (Deborah Harris)
Caryn Wiseman (Andrea Brown)
Michelle Wolfson (Wolfson)
WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
During the auction there will also be some LURKING EDITORS, who may or may not show their faces.
How does this work?
Simple! The editors will be reading through the entries along with the agents. If anything sparks their interest, they will leave a critique. There will be no warning! If your entry receives feedback from one of our Lurking Editors, consider that a "win" all by itself.
Our Lurking Editors:
Alison Weiss (Sky Pony Press)
Peter Senftleben (Kensington Books)
Lydia Sharp (Entangled)
HOW TO SUBMIT
Submissions will be via web form only (we are retiring the email option). Your entry will include a logline and the first 250 words of your completed manuscript. Loglines should be no more than 50 words long (up to 75 is allowable, but discouraged). Specific submission instructions will post one week prior to the submission day.
Also remember that THIS LOGLINE CRITIQUE ROUND will be available to you next week!
Please post your questions below.