Monday, July 28, 2008

FYI: Free Online Workshop For Authors

Our own Karen Duvall has shared the following information with me, and I wanted to pass it along to my faithful readers:

Beginning Monday, July 28, I'm giving a FREE workshop through my blog on
writing effective description. As a visual artist, it's one of my stronger
writing skills, and I'll share a few of my tips. I'm posting one lesson a
day for five days, one for each of the five senses. I'll have daily writing
exercises and those who want to play can post their writing samples in the
comments section, which will be open for discussion.

At the end of the week there will be a prize drawing! What's the prize, you
ask? Well, it's not one of my books, I promise. I have tons of writing
how-to books collecting dust on my bookshelves and I'd love to give some
away. So at the end of the week, I'll randomly draw a winner from among the
commentors who participated in the workshop.

Karen is a recently agented author who has devoted much of her time to critiquing submissions over here at Miss Snark's First Victim. I'm sure she'd appreciate your company during her free workshop -- and you may just learn a thing or two! (We always do when we stick our necks out there.)

Thank you, Karen!

2 comments:

  1. Look ! A new victim for the mob to attack!

    Horray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwa-ha-ha-ha! %-) (to all you non-CCers, that's the devil smiley)

    ReplyDelete