Thursday, November 14, 2013

Baker's Dozen: Adult Winners Tomorrow AND an Offer From Authoress Edits

Tomorrow's the day!  I will be emailing the 25 winners in the Adult Category of the Baker's Dozen Agent Auction some time in the morning.  (Well, my morning.  It may not be yours.)  If you do not receive an email from me (from my facelesswords address), then your entry was not chosen as a winner.

ADVICE:  Add facelesswords(at)gmail.com to your address book TODAY.  An email from me will be less likely to arrive in your spam box.

REQUEST:  Please don't email me (or Jodi) to ask why your entry wasn't chosen.  Jodi's Tuesday post outlined the main reasons for our rejections, so it's likely that the reason yours was a "no" falls into one of those categories.

SPECIAL OFFER FROM AUTHORESS EDITS:

(Please note: This offer is for those of you who entered the Baker's Dozen ONLY.)

I will edit the first 3 pages of your manuscript.  This will include a light line edit and an explanation of why I feel your opening isn't working.

Cost will be $18, payable upon my acceptance of your submission.  Submissions will be read in the order in which they are received.

(Also?  Don't edit your opening prior to sending it to me.  You won't get a valid reason for why the original opening wasn't working if you don't send it to me as is.)

If you do not receive a WINNER! email tomorrow, and would like to take advantage of this special offer, please email me at authoress.edits(at)gmail.com.

IMPORTANT:  I will be requesting your post/entry number in order to verify that you entered the contest.  So please make sure you have that.

Post your questions below!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! You are superwoman. Thanks for all your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question, would it be better to use the first 250 words of the prologue or the first 250 words of the first chapter?

    I used the first 250 words of my prologue (which is only 2 pages long) but the prologue sets the tone and mystery of my novel. I just fear that the first 250 of it is so shocking and raises a lot of questions that it might rub agents the wrong way.

    I know some agents hate prologues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a question about the 3 page critique...hopefully it's not silly. :)

    Should I email the three pages as an attachment in my initial email?

    Thanks, Authoress, for all you do for writers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many entries were there for Adult and for YA....that way I won't feel so bad when not selected?

    ReplyDelete