Friday, September 2, 2016

Friday Fricassee

Wow!

Participation in our NAME THAT GENRE contest has been astounding.  Blogger logged over 4000 page views yesterday, and the comments are still pouring in this morning.  (So, okay.  I may need to clear a LOT of schedule to count up these guesses and determine the winner!)

Thanks for jumping in and contributing to the high energy around here.  And if yours is one of the entries, GOOD FOR YOU for being brave.  (I really mean that.  It takes courage to put our stuff out there.)

So I promised to announce the WINNER of the 30-page critique from Adam Heine, so here you go:

MICHELE THORNTON

Congratulations, Michele!  I'll be sending you an email with submission instructions.

Next week:  SUBMISSION DAY for ON THE BLOCK 2016!  Which is sort of hard to believe.  The big question is: are you ready? :)  The submission window will be open on Thursday, September 8, from 8 am to 10 pm EDT.

Need more info?  FIND IT HERE.

As for me?  Bit of a rough week on my first-drafting.  I hit 60K words a couple days ago, which felt fabulous, but I'm in the midst of a messy section that I know is going to take a ton of work.  It was hard to push through, and I had to take a day last weekend to regroup and rework some things so that I could move forward.  I'm moving, but I'm not happy.

But then, you all know I love revising.  So if I can just get this slop finished, I can set my mind on the task of really making the story work.  My deadline is October 1, and, despite the setback, I'm still tracking to finish on time.

What "finished" will look like remains to be seen.  Because, ugh.  Seriously.

There you have it! I hope your own work is bringing you more satisfaction than angst.  (And if it's not, feel free to vent!  We all need to do that, for sure.)

Thanks again for being a part of this community.  (Whether you are silent or not-so-silence, you're part of this.  You count!)  Have a glorious week end.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats A! 60k in a couple of days is outstanding--do you have hand cramps. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says HIT a couple days ago, not WROTE a couple days ago. Wiseacre. ;) :P

      Delete
    2. Aw, now my fantasy is ruined. I suppose it's a bad sign for a writer to be a bad reader...let's keep this a secret between us. ;)

      Delete
    3. Well, I would, except you just posted it on a public forum. So. :)))

      Delete
  2. Leave the mess, flash forward to a different point, and then go back to the mess since you'll then know where it leads. LOL! I did that in my current project. Okay, I flashed forward like three years, but it's made working up to those chapters more manageable. This won't work for everybody, but works for me since I'm always getting inspiration for future chapters, thus the "Notes" file where I type up the future chapters as I think about them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm pressing through the mess just to move on. LOTS to fix later. I don't want to think about it! >.<

      Delete
  3. Hello, I'm here to introduce someone to you all, his name is Dr.Ekpen Temple a spell caster that help me restored my broken relationship, I saw an article on the Internet someone talking about him how he help her in her relationship, today I'm a beneficial of that article, so that is why I'm also talking about how he has helped me so that someone out there that is facing the same challenge can also contact him for help. Here is DR EKPEN TEMPLE contact info: (ekpentemple@gmail.com) or on Whatsapp number 2347050270218.

    ReplyDelete