What better way to say "I'm back!" than to announce the details of our brand-new, super exciting contest!
ON THE BLOCK is an auction styled after our beloved and retired BAKER'S DOZEN. Here are all the details:
1. ON THE BLOCK will showcase 24 first pages. All genres in all age levels (MG, YA, NA, adult) except erotica/erotic romance will be included.
2. SUBMISSIONS will be held on Thursday, September 10 from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm EDT. I will be reading the slush pile and will choose the 24 winners.
3. There will be a $20 entry fee for this contest. You may enter no more than 2 manuscripts. A maximum of 250 entries will be accepted.
4. The 24 winning entries will post on the blog on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6.
5. Our PARTICIPATING AGENTS will then begin to read the entries and decide which ones they want to bid on.
6. On TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, the bidding will begin! Each entry will be ON THE BLOCK for EXACTLY 10 MINUTES. At the end of each 10-minute segment, bidding will close, and bidding on the next entry will commence. THIS WILL BE FUN AND EASY, because everyone will only have to watch the bidding on ONE ITEM AT A TIME!
7. Entries will go to the highest bidder (a full request).
Precise submission instructions will post closer to the submission date. The basics are: You will need A LOGLINE and YOUR FIRST 250 WORDS.
This is a NEW CONTEST, so EVERYONE may enter, regardless of which contests you've been in before! You must be unagented, and your entry must be FINISHED and POLISHED. (In other words, if you know you wouldn't let an agent read it right now, then please don't enter.)
We already have over a dozen agents who have said YES! So the buzz has begun.
Questions? Ask them below! I'll do my best to work out all the kinks as quickly as possible.
How do you define a logline?ReplyDelete
Do a search for "logline" on the blog and you will get lots of info. :)
Do you know yet, who the participating agents are?ReplyDelete
Great news! I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting entries.ReplyDelete
I'm pretty sure you meant 250 WORDS, not 250 PAGES ;) Excited for a new adventure!ReplyDelete
OMG I do that ALL THE TIME! LOL Thanks -- fixing!!Delete
The date says Tuesday, September 10th, but that's aReplyDelete
Thursday. Should it be the 10th or the 8th? Looking forward to this. :)
Oh, poop! I was a total proofreading fail this morning, huh? Thank you for pointing this out -- it's supposed to say Thursday. Fixing!Delete
Welcome Back. While you were away, I finished my WIP! Looking forward to submitting. Thanks much, looks like a blast.ReplyDelete
Hey, congratulations!! Doesn't that feel GREAT? :)Delete
Does this cut off at exactly 250 or does it allow us to finish the sentence?ReplyDelete
Word count is always set at 255. You have to decide to cut it off before or after that point. :)Delete
obat yang bisa membantu anda dalam menyembuhkan bebagai penyakitReplyDelete
obat usus bocor yang aman
Nice to see you back Authoress! Sounds like an amazing contest. I am ready with two ms to enter.... Thanks for ALWAYS paying it forward. WE all appreciate and love you for it!ReplyDelete
Self-published works are not allowed, correct?ReplyDelete
Correct. Because most agents aren't going to want to look at something that's already been published.Delete
Will you be publishing the list of agent names? (Am wondering how many I may have queried already...)ReplyDelete
It's September 9, where are the submission instructions? Am I missing something?ReplyDelete