Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Amazing Grace

That's what Michael and I have been offered over the past 24 hours or so, and I want to thank you.

Yes, there were glitches yesterday. Yes, many of you were disappointed to not be able to get your entry in. Or you never found a response email. Or you couldn't understand for the life of you why your word count was rejected.

So much potential angst going on. And no one took it out on me.

That's right. No one.

Thanks for that. If only you knew how the Perfectionist Me writhed each time someone sent an email asking "Why?" Not because I wanted everyone to drop over in amazement at the power and perfection of Michael's creation. But because I wanted things to go RIGHT for EVERYONE.

Who, me? High standards? (It's amazing, I tell ya, that I've survived the querying process this long. If anything, this journey offers ANY writer an amazing opportunity for personal growth. Truly.)

Anyway. We've got some "stuff" to wade through today--formatting doo-doo, a couple of duplicate entries (believe it or not!). But the excerpts will post tomorrow on schedule and the Secret Agenting will begin.

I know I say it all the time. But you really are a wonderful bunch of authorly people.

*hugs*

4 comments:

  1. Without trying to sound totally weird, I love you, Authoress, in a, you know, totally PC way.

    Can't wait to start reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that no one took the glitches out on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are always problems when things go 'live' on computers. I'm glad you and Michael have weathered the storm and are on your way to fix the problem areas. I can't wait to read this round of subs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why would we take things out on you, dear Authoress? Anyone who has a computer--nay, even a microwave--knows that gremlins lurk within, just waiting to do their mischief. So, rightly, we blame the imps for all such snafus. (Hope they haven't heard me. My DVD player's acting funny.)

    ReplyDelete