So I've taken some of your ideas and concocted the following Fun Thing (because YOU GUYS I NEED A FUN THING ON THE BLOG THIS WEEK):
1. Add ONE SENTENCE to the existing story. ONLY ONE.
2. The sentence must begin with THE NEXT LETTER OF THE ALPHABET.
3. IMPORTANT: YOU ARE ALLOWED TO SKIP "X".
4. Your sentence should reflect THE GENRE YOU WRITE IN.
5. Nevertheless, IT SHOULD MAKE ENOUGH SENSE THAT WE CAN FOLLOW THE STORY.
6. You may play more than once.
Basically, when we're finished, we'll have a multiple-genred masterpiece.
Pot sweetener: When we're finished, I will randomly draw one contributor's name to win a 3-page edit.
I will also publish the completed masterpiece as its own blog post.
We'll keep this up for 48-ish hours, okay? Let's say midnight Thursday is the official "the end".
MY OPENING SENTENCE IS IN THE COMMENT BOX. Go from there.
PLEASE NOTE: If you find that you've sat there a long time thinking, be sure to REFRESH THE PAGE. Because someone else may have added a sentence while you were listening to your muse.
IF THERE ARE 2 SENTENCES STARTING WITH THE SAME LETTER, I WILL DELETE THE SECOND ONE. If I haven't gotten around to deleting it and it's your turn, please refer to THE FIRST SENTENCE BEGINNING WITH THAT LETTER.
If you have any questions, please tweet them to me, so that we can reserve this comment box for the story alone.
(Note to email subscribers: please remember that you need to GO TO THE BLOG to participate.)
On your mark...