- Enter your masterpiece IN THE COMMENT BOX BELOW.
- Absolutely no emails, please. Comment box only. (In other words, if you're subscribed to this blog via email, you MAY NOT hit reply and email your lyrics. Alison will not see them if you do that.)
- Please do not enter more than TWO masterpieces.
- Please use a screen name by which you will be EASILY IDENTIFIABLE.
- Lewd entries will be deleted. But you wouldn't do that, anyway.
- Your masterpiece should be an ORIGINAL set of lyrics that go along with a CHRISTMAS CAROL OR SONG or a CHANUKAH SONG. Make sure your theme is writing- or publishing-related. Please include the TITLE of the holiday tune so that we can all sing along.
How do you know if song lyrics are good? SING THEM! If they fit naturally with the melody, with the correct syllables accented and decent rhymes, you've got a winner. If you feel like you're stumbling through or have to force the words to fit the music, then not so much. So pick your favorites, and see how they line up with Alison's.