Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Fricassee

Happy Friday-in-the-middle-of-bleak-January!

(Gadzooks, I hate January, though.  We should be allowed to skip from Christmas to mid-March.)

Thank you to all TALKIN' HEADS entrants.  Please remember to leave a minimum of 3 critiques for your colleagues!  It's so important to give as well as receive (and I love how good the writing community is about this).

Thank you to all critters.  Some REALLY THOUGHTFUL CRITIQUES going on, as always!  Admittedly, I wish the critting-to-reading ratio were higher.  The number of clicks on each entry is substantially higher than the number of comments.

If you're hesitating because you don't have a lot of experience critiquing, JUMP IN ANYWAY.  You won't learn if you don't try!

As for me, I'm armpit-deep in revisions, and that's what my weekend will consist of.  (Which makes me happy in a determined, glazey-eyed, mildly psychotic sort of way.)

One more thing before I go:  Our beloved Holly Bodger (logline guru and writer extraordinaire) is offering THIS FREE GIFT TO HER READERS:



Set in the same world as 5 TO 1, The Other One gives Surina’s perspective on the first day of her sister’s Tests, showing that Koyanagar’s perfect Poster Girl may not be so perfect after all.


5 to 1 is one of my favorite YA reads.  If you haven't read it yet, DON'T MISS IT!  (And, yanno, the novella won't make quite as much sense unless you've read the novel.)

Thank you, Holly, for this lovely gift!  (Just what I need to distract me from the writing I'm supposed to be doing...)
Happy weekend, all!

6 comments:

  1. I probably help throw off your numbers because I keep going back to read other people's comments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! At any rate, I'm glad you commented here, because I've REALLY been enjoying your critiques, and I wanted to let you know! :)

      Delete
    2. I also do that. I like to crit and then read the other comments to see if I have any idea what I'm talking about.

      (Spoiler: I usually don't.)

      I feel bad, though. I've gotten a couple of busy days here at work, so I'm just now getting some time to crit more. I'm afraid if I have to wait until a few days after the posts, then I might as well not because the authors have probably moved on.... Do you have any numbers for how far out people are still looking at these for comments?

      Delete
    3. hibrixey, I'll bet many of them are getting responses pumped to their inboxes, so they will see any comments that arrive a little later!

      Delete
  2. Yes- time travel from Christmas to March! I love it. Except my birthday is in February... Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete