Thursday, March 25, 2010

25 Words: Here We Go

WOW!!!

Okay, here's the deal. Blogger got so tired of my endless posting that it started asking for word verification. On. Every. Post.

So instead of marathonning the night away, I'm doing this in two segments. The first 90 entries will post in 1-minute intervals beginning at 9:00 am EDT.

The rest of the entries, beginning with #91, will start posting at 4:00 pm EDT. That gives me lots of pretty hours in between to finish up the posts.

For the critiquing:

Remember that this is all about hooking the reader. Which means, are you sucked in? Do you want to read a little more? A lot more? We don't need in-depth critting here. Just initial impressions.

ENTRANTS: Due to the large number of submissions, please commit to responding to a minimum of TEN other entries.

Genres are included in the subject lines, so you can jump right to whatever interests you. Or you could get all concrete-sequential and respond to all of them. In chronological order.

As for me, I think I'll just watch, thanks.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing this.
    You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fantastic idea - thanks for all your hard work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm in awe of your patience. Thanks so much for doing this, it's really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I'm astounded by how excessively critical many people are being in their comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Sara. But this has been pretty cool, even if people didn't love my entry. I think writing the first sentence may be the hardest part of writing a novel. Thanks to Authoress and everyone who commented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a great idea, and it is a great learning experience to see how you can hook a reader with just a few words or sentences! thanks! rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for doing this! This is the first time I've participated in one of your events...I received great feedback on my 25 words and am enjoying giving feedback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't ordinarily share my work with anyone until I've edited myself cross-eyed. I figured 25 words was pretty harmless, though, so I went for it, and I'm so glad I did! I've received some very insightful feedback that I will use in the rewrites.

    Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks very much for posting the genre in the subject line. I couldn't have waded through almost 200 posts, but with the list I as able to skip to every single MG/kids' post and comment. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *whoops self in forehead*

    Why didn't I take a shot at this?

    The comments are useful and insightful. Please offer this chance in the future. I'll be one of those seeking input. Promise.

    Thanks for giving back for the greater good!

    ReplyDelete