Monday, March 8, 2010

Submissions Are Now Open

And our March Secret Agent Contest begins!

GUIDELINES:

* Submissions will be open for 24 hours or until 50 eligible entries have been received, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.
* Submissions received before the contest opens will be disqualified.
* Submissions are for COMPLETED MANUSCRIPTS ONLY. If you wouldn't want an agent to read the entire thing, DON'T SEND IT. If an "entire thing" doesn't exist, you shouldn't even be reading these rules.
* Manuscripts THAT HAVE BEEN IN A SECRET AGENT CONTEST DURING THE PAST SIX MONTHS (September-February) will not be accepted.
* You may submit A DIFFERENT MANUSCRIPT if you've participated in any previous Secret Agent contests.
* Only ONE ENTRY per person per contest. If you send more than one, your subsequent entry(ies) will be deleted.
* If you are PAST WINNER, please DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST. (Unless it's a different manuscript.)
* Submissions are for THE FIRST 250 WORDS of your manuscript. Please do not stop in the middle of a

Your submission for this contest should be formatted as follows:

SCREEN NAME
TITLE
GENRE

(Followed by the excerpt here.)

* No "chapter one," chapter titles, etc.
* You will receive a confirmation email with your post number. I don't always get through quickly. Don't resend.
* Submissions go to facelesswords(at)gmail.com. They DO NOT GO to my authoressmail address. Those of you who are subscribed to this blog via email will note the latter address as the "from." If you use this address for the contest, I WILL NOT SEE YOUR SUBMISSION.

This month's contest will include the following genres:
  • Women's Fiction (including Romance)
  • YA/MG
  • Chapter Books (no picture books)
  • Commercial Fiction
  • Literary Fiction
  • Horror

5 comments:

  1. Sent in. But it looks like Fantasy got cut off the list, so it looks like I might not even be entered. -_-

    Oh well, back to the edits for my other novels.

    Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent mine at noon. I’m hoping I made it before the mad rush. It’s 4am here in Australia. I can go to bed now. Yay! Fingers crossed. Good luck everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish, I have the same problem - I sent mine when the clock said 6 pm (I'm in Germany) which is noon EST, but it came back "too early" - oops. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I forgot: Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete