Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Call for Submissions: Middle Grade ARE YOU HOOKED?

Well, maybe I'm a softie.  MG isn't included in this month's SA contest, so I thought we'd do a small crit round for MG only.  This is for the first 250 words of your manuscript, COMPLETED or IN PROGRESS.  (Please don't ever enter incomplete works into a Secret Agent contest. This is an in-house crit with no agent present, so I'm opening it to WIPs.)

Submissions will open at 7:00 pm EDT today (Tuesday).  I will accept the first 15 entries.

Your submission for this contest should be formatted EXACTLY as follows:

SCREEN NAME: Your Screen Name Here
TITLE: Your Title Here
GENRE: Your Genre Here

(Followed by the excerpt here.)

* No "chapter one," chapter titles, etc.
* You will receive a confirmation email with your post number.
* Submissions go to authoress.submissions(at)gmail.com. They DO NOT GO to my facelesswords address. Or any other address.
*PLAIN TEXT is your best bet! And if you receive a rejection notice that claims you didn't include TITLE, etc., please TYPE THE SCREEN NAME, TITLE, AND GENRE BY HAND and resubmit. (In other words, don't copy and paste that part.)
*It doesn't matter what you put in the subject line. The only thing you MUST NOT do is to use "RE:" The bot will think you are attempting to respond to an email, and will reject you.

Please post your questions below.

7 comments:

  1. I am a Women's Fiction author with three novels to my credit for which I am seeking representation. That said, I have been tinkering with a MG project, tentatively, and can't believe that this is the genre you've selected for in-house crits for both completed works as well as those in progress.

    I hope my trigger finger is fast enough come show time, this evening. :)

    Thanks for hosting these. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Authoress!

    If I submit to this unagented Are You Hooked?, will I be allowed to submit the same project to future Secret Agent contests?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Assuming you've done a decent edit, naturally. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun - thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn, I missed this and just completed my MG! Next time, then. :)

    ReplyDelete