Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Baker's Dozen Success Author: Dana Edwards


Say hello to Dana Edwards, a 2012 Baker's Dozen Agent Auction winner!


I write MG contemporary stories that have a little humor, a little sadness, and a lot of hope. I’ve been a teacher and school counselor all my adult life and I use those experiences to inform my stories and develop my characters. 

My story about a boy with autism spectrum disorder who’s obsessed with the Yankees, but clueless that his long-time friend is trying to ditch him was in the 2012 Baker’s Dozen. The lovely and talented Tricia Lawrence requested the full ms after the exclusive period ended and I became an EMLA client a few months later. 

 I’ve also written about a girl who has lost faith in anything good happening in her small Georgia town. Of course, something good does happen and it involves a has-been baseball player, a train wreck, and cookies. But my wildest story is about a girl who teams up with an old lady with Alzheimer’s and a retired Marine general to solve a bank robbery. Writing fiction is awesome! 

Thanks to Authoress I’ve met terrific critique partners. Writing can be lonely and it’s so important to make friends along the way.

Dana's MSFV success story post is HERE.

Dana blogs HERE and HERE.

Follow Dana on Twitter: @DanaLEdwards


2 comments:

  1. I know that face--and that story. Hi Dana! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen!!!!
    *waves obnoxiously*

    Karen, you are one of those positive friends in the writing community!

    ReplyDelete