Each of the 60 winners is requested to critique a minimum of 5 other entries.
- Agent bids will consist of the number of pages they would like to read, up to a full manuscript.
- There is no guarantee that every entry will receive an agent bid.
- Agents will be reading the entries beginning on Friday, but bidding will not begin until 11:00 AM EST on December 6. This will give the agents several days to decide which entries, if any, they'd like to place a bid on.
- The minimum opening bid is 5 pages.
- Agents are not allowed to bid for a full manuscript until a) a minimum of 5 bids has already been placed on the item, and b) the bidding has reached 150 pages.
- Once bidding for an item reaches 150 pages, agents are NOT obligated to bid for the full.
- The highest bid on each item at the close of the auction wins.
- Bidding will close immediately on items that receive a full manuscript bid.
- I'm respectfully requesting that you hold off on critiques once the bidding is live. Critiquing may continue after the bidding has closed (December 7).
THE PARTICIPATING AGENTS:
1. Laura Bradford (Bradford Literary)
2. Danielle Chiotti (Upstart Crow)
3. Sarah Davies (Greenhouse Literary)
4. Josh Getzler (Hannigan Salky Getzler)
5. Weronika Janczuk (Franklin and Siegal)
6. Melissa Jeglinski (Knight Agency)
7. Sarah LaPolla (Curtis Brown)
8. Jennifer Laughran (Andrea Brown)
9. Lauren MacLeod (Strothman Agency)
10. Victoria Marini (Gelfman Schneider)
11. Ammi-Joan Paquette (Erin Murphy)
12. Tamar Rydzinski (Laura Dail)
13. Kari Stuart (ICM Talent)
14. Danielle Svetcov (Levine Greenberg)
15. Michelle Wolfson (Wolfson Literary)
In addition to being on the auction block, all 60 entries will receive critique from an editor and a published author.
Gabrielle Harbowy of Dragon Moon Press, adult
Sarah Shumway of Katherine Tegen Books (Harper Collins), YA/MG
Nancy Bilyeau, author of THE CROWN, a historical thriller set in Tudor England, to be published by Simon and Schuster's Touchstone in January 2012, and six foreign countries. adult
Amanda Sun, author of INK WASH, the first in a YA paranormal series set in Japan, debuting in late 2012 by Harlequin Teen. YA/MG
The donation button will remain up for the duration of the auction. Thank you for your support.
I think that's everything! Winners, please remember that I am happy to fix anything that's wrong with your entries--just email me with the title of your novel in the subject line. Sometimes, when fixing funky formatting (say that 3 times fast), I make mistakes. (Blogger has the irritating habit of squooshing all the paragraphs together. That's all kinds of fun to deal with.)
Let the fun begin!