Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Fricassee

What a great week!

My morning is about to consist of driving my husband all. the. way. to his office to pick up his laptop because he's working at home today--because he forgot it.  (Men!)  (Yes, I mean that!)  (Well, sort of.)  So, why am I driving him instead of his, yanno, hopping into the car and going by himself?

Because his brain functions at about 15% capacity this early.  Which is likely one of the reasons he ended up with an infuriatingly-morning-person wife.  For keeping him alive during early expeditions.

I feel so loved.

At any rate, I'm posting quickly to say:  Thanks for an upbeat, high-energy auction week.  As ever, there were no snarkies, no grumblings, no whine-laced navel gazing.

I also want to publicly thank THE FIFTEEN MOST AWESOME AGENTS ON THE BLOCK.  You know how I get all mother-hennish about this blog community?  I'm starting to feel the same way about our Baker's Dozen agents.  (Yeah, I really need to stop that.)

And huge thanks to GABRIELLE, SARAH, AMANDA, AND NANCY for their critiques (a few are still forthcoming).  You all know how time-intensive critiques are, so this is a big deal.

I APPRECIATE EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED ON ANY LEVEL!

Okay, that sums it up.  Now I've got to scrounge up my darling morning-zombie and shuttle him up the highway.  Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Wow. Wow. Wow. I discovered the the agent auction this week and I am absolutely blown away by how much time everyone donates to make this event a success. What a wonderful opportunity - and an inspiring and exciting example of collaboration.

    Now, I'm off to work like hell to finish polishing my umpteenth draft of my novel so I can participate in a future auction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel great to rescue our husbands once in a while? A few weeks ago mine got so busy that he actually ran out of gas on the side of the road! This is SO not his style, and he felt really sheepish about it. Hey, he's only human. I'm glad he called me instead of AAA. It was my turn to be the hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The critiques were awesome!

    I am often (and by often I mean about five times a year)called by my husband to rescue him after he's locked his keys in his car.

    Now that my daughter drives, we take turns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, three comments.

    Authoress, you've wondered if you stopped doing the contests if people would still come to your blog.

    The answer is few.

    Very, very few.

    You need to be more interesting. I say this because I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah. I think we're all just worn out from all the commenting. Plus, it's December.

    ReplyDelete