Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The 2011 Baker's Dozen Agent Auction

Today's the day!!

Bidding will open at 11:00 am EST.  Here are the rules:

  • Agent bids will consist of the number of pages they would like to read, up to a full manuscript.
  • There is no guarantee that every entry will receive an agent bid.
  • The minimum opening bid is 5 pages.
  • Agents are not allowed to bid for a full manuscript until a) a minimum of 5 bids has already been placed on the item, and b) the bidding has reached 150 pages.
  • Once bidding for an item reaches 150 pages, agents are NOT obligated to bid for the full.
  • The highest bid on each item at the close of the auction wins.
  • If 2 identical bids appear at the same time, the FIRST ONE TO POST is valid.
  • Bidding will close immediately on items that receive a full manuscript bid.
  • I'm respectfully requesting that you hold off on critiques once the bidding is live. Critiquing may continue after the bidding has closed (December 7).
I'll be watching carefully, and will mark auctions as "CLOSED" when a full bid is placed.  All other items will remain on the block until 11:00 am tomorrow, at which time the highest bid on each entry will be declared the winner.

To the entrants:  You already rock.  Whatever happens today is icing on the cupcake.

To everyone:  Let's have a blast!

To the agents:  On your mark...get set...

20 comments:

  1. I'm so excited, and I'm not even in the auction. Best of luck, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to all the entrants! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, and I'm in Europe - so I will be updating my phone every time I wake up in the night!! Best of luck to all the other entrants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy "refresh the page" day, everyone! Chocolate truffles and full bids to you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much to Authoress, Jodi, authors and editors, and OF COURSE fellow entrants! It's been wonderful "getting to know" you and your projects.

    And good luck to everyone! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Authoress. My prologue told me to tell you thanks, too. She is enjoying her narrative flow makeover!

    Good luck, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck everybody!! This has been a fantastic experience and I'm rooting for everyone! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck everyone :) Some great story lead-ins here. Anxious to see how it all shakes out and if my favorites are the ones that earn bids.

    Weee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I arranged a lot of distractions for myself today... but all I wanna do is haunt the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cannot wait to watch this unfold! (Work? What work?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Authoress, agents, editors and everyone else who took the time to read and critique our work.

    I'm sick today :( so in my haze I will manage to hit the refresh button...a million times :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of luck to everyone today, and endless thanks to Authoress, Jodi, and everyone who has taken the time to leave such thoughtful and encouraging critiques so far. I'm really thankful to have become part of this community!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huge thanks to Authoress, Jodi, the editors, and all the amazing critique that has been given! Best of luck to all!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thankfully, I have to be out of my office for most of the day. Otherwise I think I'd take up permanent residence on the refresh button. =)

    Thanks for this wonderful opportunity! Good luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Good thing I planned lectures for today so I'm not glued to the refresh button.

    Thank you again, Authoress, Jodi, and everyone who commented. This has been an exciting week. Good luck to all the entrants!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Go! (Wait. I'm not allowed to say that.)

    But, seriously, a huge THANK YOU to Authoress and Jodi and everyone behind the scenes. This is so much fun, and it has been helpful and encouraging no matter what the bidding results.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes - Thank you to Authoress and Jodi for all the behind-the-scenes work that goes into such a great project.

    Thank you to the critiquers for all the comments - I'm feeling more like a part of the community now. That's pretty awesome.

    Finally, thank you agents for joining in on the fun. Can't wait to see what you love!

    Best wishes to all the entrants - you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck to all the entrants! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete