Monday, November 10, 2008

Call For Submissions: Can you hook a SECRET AGENT?

The guidelines:

1. Please submit the first 250 words of your COMPLETED NOVEL to facelesswords(at)gmail.com.

2. Submissions must be received IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:

Screen Name (PLEASE list this first, as it's easier to swipe the text below without including it)
TITLE:
GENRE:

(Please -- no bold, italics, underlines, or strange fonts)

*Submission in a normal font (NOT Courier, Comic, or anything that is outside the realm of normal in the publishing world), 250 words (your first page)

3. This month's contest will include the following genres: Literary fiction; Commercial fiction, including fantasy, science fiction, horror, paranormal romance, mystery, and thriller; also Young Adult, including all sub-genres listed above. If your novel does not fall within one of these genres, please do not enter.

4. Entries will be limited to a 24-hour submission window, or 75 submissions -- WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.

5. All submissions will receive a confirmation email containing your post number. If you do not receive a confirmation email, I did not receive your submission.

6. I LOVE your personal notes -- I really do. But please refrain from sending a "thank you" email after I've sent your post number.

7. NO ATTACHMENTS. Please send your submission in the body of your email.

8. By entering this contest, you are agreeing to the public posting and critiquing of your work.

9. If you are chosen as a winner of this contest, you will agree to the terms of the prize as laid out by our Secret Agent, or your prize will be subject to forfeiture.

If we reach our 75 submission limit before 24 hours have ended, I will let you know. Otherwise, submissions will close tomorrow (Tuesday) at 9:00 am EST.

And away we go!!

8 comments:

  1. I just sent mine off about fifteen minutes ago!

    How long until the conformation email is supposed to come?

    I still haven't received one yet. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anywhere from 5 minutes to 8 hours. :D

    You should've received yours by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already biting my nails in anticip...ation. I must be feeling weird to channel Rocky Horror. Haven't done that stage show in 2 decades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As ususal, can't wait to critique and see what the SA says, although my story needs too much work to enter this time still. But I always learn so much from others and I wish you all luck! These contests are fabulous even if you don't enter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally didn't get my subscription e-mail for this, hope I got it submitted before 75 others did. :-D Look forward to this either way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to this and have a question. How do I access the other submissions to critique?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome, Marne!

    All submissions will be posted on the blog this Thursday morning. Then all blog readers and our Secret Agent will be able to leave their feedback/critique right in the comment boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. christacarol -- did your subscription email ever come through??

    ReplyDelete