A recent commenter asked whether he would be welcomed to submit his excerpt to a Secret Agent Contest, because he'd heard that Miss Snark's First Victim was only for YA novels with female protagonists by female authors.
And actually, this is the second time the issue of "all girls together on MSFV" has come up. So I'm taking this pre-SA opportunity to dispel the myth once and for all.
- Miss Snark's First Victim is a blog that welcomes writers of both sexes. (That means BOYS AND GIRLS.)
- All genres are welcomed on this blog EXCEPT erotica and erotic romance. Writers of adult, NA, YA, and MG are equally encouraged to participate in our contests and in-house critique sessions.
- I don't care if your protagonist is a male, a female, or a tent pole. You are welcomed here.
- There is no preference given to certain genres/sex-of-protagonist here. Genres included in Secret Agent contests are reflective of EACH INDIVIDUAL AGENT'S TASTES, as advertised by the agent at the time of the contest. In-house critiques are open to ALL GENRES (except erotica and erotic romance).
- This blog is not pink, even though it's my favorite color.
- I like boys.
- Adam Heine is a boy. He writes boy stories with boy protagonists, and he is also one of my beloved, irreplaceable critique partners. I let him come here sometimes and leave comments.
I think that covers it. Feel free to tweet this, post a link to this, share this on Facebook, or set this to music and sing it at your local mall.
And if I've missed anything, please mention it in the comments.