For future reference: If submission guidelines ANYWHERE don't include YA or MG with the genre, IT MEANS ADULT. So if you're on an agent's web site, for instance, and it says something like, "I am looking for historical and paranormal romance," that does NOT mean YA!
(I covered my bases, at any rate. I reminded you in Friday's post that this month was for adult entries only. I adore you all, and I am asking you to please, please, please, PLEASE read submission guidelines carefully.)
At any rate--on to today's round!
Guidelines for Critique on MSFV:
- Please leave your critique for each entry in the comment box for that entry.
- Please choose a screen name to sign your comments. The screen name DOES NOT have to be your real name; however, it needs to be an identifiable name. ("Anonymous" is not a name.)
- Critiques should be honest but kind, helpful but sensitive.
- Critiques that attack the writer or are couched in unkind words will be deleted.*
- Cheerleading IS NOT THE SAME as critiquing. Please don't cheerlead.
- Having said that, it is perfectly acceptable to say positive things about an entry that you feel is strong. To make these positive comments more helpful, say why it's a strong entry.
- ENTRANTS: As your way of "giving back", please critique a minimum of 5 other entries.
*I can't possibly read every comment. If you ever see a comment that is truly snarky, please email me. I count on your help.