But, yanno? There's a lot to be said about a day on which we focus on making others smile. A day where surprises can happen outside the half-thought-out bunch of tulips picked up at the grocery store on the way home from work. A day that we can reclaim, if we'd like, for expressing affection because we WANT to. Not because we HAVE to.
And everyone needs affection, right? It doesn't have to be a spouse or a lover. Parents, neighbors, coworkers, children...nobody will wrinkle their noses at a little heart-shaped expression of love.
- To Every Person who reads and enjoys this blog
- To Every Fellow Writer who shares my passion for the written word
- To my Crit Partners: Jodi, Christine, Holly, Beth, Corinne
- To my Amazing Teen Readers: Maggie, Taryn, Constance, Sarah, Rachel
- To all my Secret Agents
- To Agent Josh, who believes in me
- To Michael, my resident geek and personal hero
- To All My Twitter Followers
- To the Teens at Write On!
- To Mr. A, who keeps me sparkling behind my red hat
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY and THANK YOU for the part you play in this community, on this blog, and/or in my life. You are, each of you, priceless and irreplaceable. (And it doesn't have to be Valentine's Day to let you know.)
And now, feel free to wipe the goo from your eyes. Because, yeah. Just a bit gooey around here today!