Thursday, September 1, 2016

Name That Genre #3

TITLE: Secret
GENRE: Adult Secret

What the hell was Josh doing in my meeting?

Yea, though I’d stumbled through the valley of the shadow of tech boys aiming Nerf guns at my head, this Nice Jewish Girl® (in too-tight Nine West pumps) stood unscathed, primed, and pumped for The Promotion Talk. I'd asked for a five o’clock one-on-one, banking on my boss Sammy having consumed at least one Long Island Iced Tea by then. (Par for his course in the land where the Internet never sleeps.). My stomach growled its dissatisfaction that I hadn't eaten all day in order to fit into my favorite Jones New York suit. (I could eat later, right?) A confidence-boosting mantra, playing on internal loop, propelled me: I am worth it. I am worth it. My carefully-crafted spiel, advocating for me to become the first woman in upper management at SugarSugarMountain.Com: memorized. This was my moment.

19 comments:

  1. Chick-lit, though it's just a guess since I don't read that genre. It seems to be centered around her and her success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOMEN'S FICTION
    About a female's career path, and I'm guessing Josh could be a frustrating love interest :) Possible romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is chick-lit and women's fiction the same thing?

      Delete
    2. chicklit is a branch of women's fiction. it's about the woman's journey, but there are romantic elements in it. sometimes, they just call them rom-coms now :) HTH.

      Delete
    3. Ah! Thank you! :)

      Delete
    4. fun fact i just learned that probably most people know but i didn't : romance = the couples' journey. women's fiction = the woman's journey (possibly with a dude in the mix.)

      Delete
    5. fun fact i just learned that probably most people know but i didn't : romance = the couples' journey. women's fiction = the woman's journey (possibly with a dude in the mix.)

      Delete
  3. Women's fiction! Office setting, looking for a promotion, a little bit of humor already injected into the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Women's Fiction. But I don't read it either. Could be Romance. Love the first line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Women's fiction - funny female protagonist worried about her career.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROMANCE - because of the immediate focus on Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Women's fiction because of the adult female protagonist with a high-powered career. Though there's a possibility that it could be romance because it starts out by mentioning a man she is (at least sort of) in conflict with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROMANCE

    One of those geeks is the b%$##rd she's ganna fall for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Women's fiction.

    She's all about the job. Will probably prefer the guy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Romance. She may be all about her corporate climbing, but she's young and sassy and well-dressed, meaning there will be a romance, rocky or otherwise. Is Women's Fiction really a genre? Does that mean there's a Men's Fiction?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Women's fiction with romantic elements. She wants that job promotion but was astute enough to notice a hot dude in the office.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Women's Fiction/Romance. The sassy protagonist is looking for a promotion in a male-dominated field.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to all who guessed :) GIRL(DOT)COM, WOMEN'S FICTION (ROM-COM/CHICKLIT)

    ReplyDelete