Monday, July 26, 2010

A Special Call For Submissions!

Think of it as a way to spice up Monday.

At noon EDT, submissions will open for THE FIRST 750 WORDS OF YOUR COMPLETED MG/YA MANUSCRIPT.

But hold on. I'm only accepting 10 entries.

So please don't hit "send" unless your manuscript meets the following criteria:
  • Your manuscript is FINISHED and POLISHED. If you know you're not ready to send queries, please don't enter.
  • Your novel is MG or YA, any genre.
  • Your manuscript WAS NOT ONE OF THE 50 ENTRANTS IN THE JULY SECRET AGENT CONTEST.
  • You are not currently represented by a literary agent.
Submission format is the same as always:
  • Send your first 750 words to authoress.submissions(at)gmail.com
  • Send plain text (for best results)
  • As such:
SCREEN NAME: (type it here)
TITLE: (type it here)
GENRE: (type it here)

(type your 750 words here)


I'll post the 10 entries on Wednesday for a nice, in-depth critique session. If this is successful, we'll have another one for adult fiction.

Sound good? Ask questions below!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited I'm awake for this!

    Is it okay if I submit a novel that was already submitted to your secret agent contest several months ago?

    If not,I understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's fine! Just as long as it wasn't THIS month's contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Lady-o! I'm still revising. As they say, evil plots don't hatch themselves.

    Think of me fondly as I *don't* waste your time. *grin*

    Amethyst

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! I missed this one, and it sounds like it would have been brilliant. Ah well. Next time! I can't wait to read the entries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, fun! Can't wait to read the entries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know when you'll be holding the one for adult fiction yet?

    ReplyDelete