Now's your chance to compete for some critterly prizes. (I've got a bunch of query and first chapter critiques to give away, courtesy of my beloved MSFV Success Stories Top Secret Society.)
Here's the deal:
- Write a FAKE LOGLINE! Your fake story HAS TO BE about AUTHORESS or THE BLOG or SOMETHING RELATING TO AUTHORESS OR THE BLOG.
- Just because it's fake doesn't mean it doesn't follow logline rules. WRITE YOUR LOGLINE THE CORRECT WAY.
- Your logline can be funny or intriguing or incredibly clever. But it has to BE A LOGLINE.
- Use THE WEB FORM to submit your logline.
- Maximum word count: 60 (shorter is better)
- Submissions will open at 8:00 EDT on Thursday, March 28 and will close at 8:00 EDT on Friday, March 29
- A maximum of 75 entries will be allowed. If that maximum is reached before the end of the submission window, the window will close.
- 2 alternates will be chosen, in the event that there are entries that do not meet the requirements (in which case, an alternate will take the place of the disqualified entry).
- All 75 entries will post on the blog on Tuesday, April 2.
- Round One: Blog readers may vote YES or NO on each entry, to determine whether the entry is good enough to go on to Round Two.
- Round Two: The top 30 loglines will be judged by Holly Bodger, our Logline Queen!
- A plethora of prizes will be disbursed.
- One Very Unique Prize will be awarded to a deserving Browncoat among the contestants. That's all I'm saying right now.
Roll up your sleeves and churn out your fake logline! Questions below.