Why? Well, I've noticed in my experience with our big contests over the years as well as with my clients that it is VERY CHALLENGING to nail that middle grade voice. Often, that "adult writer voice" will seep through, stealing authenticity from the novel.
So. I'd like to give some of you a chance for public feedback focusing on YOUR MIDDLE GRADE VOICE.
HERE'S THE DEAL:
- The submission window will be open from 1:00 PM EDT today until 1:00 PM EDT tomorrow.
- Submit a 50-words-or-less LOGLINE and the first 250 words of your manuscript.
- The bot will accept 20 entries (this is not a lottery).
- (If for some reason response is bigger, I'll open another 10 slots.)
- Your excerpts will post on THURSDAY.
- MIDDLE GRADE ONLY! If you enter anything that's not middle grade, it will be disqualified.
- Enter HERE.