****UPDATED TO INCLUDE SUBMISSION LINK****
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Submissions are via WEB FORM ONLY. Please note: We still don't have a link for the web form, because we still have to run tests. HERE IS THE SUBMISSION LINK.
- Your entry will consist of a LOGLINE and the FIRST 250 WORDS of your COMPLETED, POLISHED MANUSCRIPT. No WIPs. If you wouldn't send it to an agent, please don't submit it to this contest.
- Your logline should be 50 WORDS OR FEWER. You are allowed to have up to 75 words, but YOU ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO WHITTLE YOUR LOGLINE DOWN TO 50 WORDS OR FEWER. (Note: The bot will not be able to distinguish between your logline and your submission. So, if your logline is 125 words long and your submission takes up the rest, you won't be rejected--but I won't be too excited by your entry, either. Same goes for having a really short logline and then adding more words to your first page. My eyeballs are going to be tired. Please don't make them MORE tired.)
- The submission window will open at 8:00 am EDT and will close at 10:00 pm EDT.
- All categories (MG, YA, NA, Adult) and all genres except erotica and erotic romance will be included. Unlike the Baker's Dozen Auction, there will not be separate submissions dates for children and adult entries. It all goes into one big pot, and I will pick the 24 strongest entries from that pot.
- There is a $21 entry fee, payable via Paypal. (Note: You do not have to have a Paypal account to enter. You may choose the "use a card" option on the Paypal screen.) Your entry will not be processed until your payment is received.
- You MAY ENTER if your entry was included in any Secret Agent Contest.
- You MAY NOT ENTER if you were in any of the Baker's Dozens. WHY? Because MANY of the agents from the Baker's Dozen are participating in On the Block. They DO NOT want to see and bid on the same material!
- You MAY NOT ENTER if you are agented! This contest is for unagented authors only.
- I will accept a maximum of 250 entries.
- WINNERS will be notified by email on Monday, November 2. If you do not receive an email, that means your entry was not chosen. I regret that, because of time constraints, I will not be sending rejection emails. If you enter the contest, please make sure to add facelesswords(at)gmail.com to your address book/contacts prior to entering the contest.
- The 24 winning entries will post on Friday, November 6. At this time, the agents (and lurking editors) will start reading. Also at this time, all readers may begin to leave feedback. Each entry will be assigned A TIME SLOT for the actual auction. This is the 10-minute window during which the agents will be bidding.
- On Tuesday, November 10, the entries will post in 10-minute intervals. Bidding for each item will only be open for those 10 minutes.
- Winning bids will be posted on Wednesday, November 11.
I THINK THAT COVERS IT! If it doesn't, please ask your questions below. I will modify these guidelines as necessary.
Once again, HERE IS THE AGENT LINE-UP!
This is going to be a high-energy fun time for all. Seven days and counting!