Monday, July 30, 2012

July's Winners!

Here's the post you're waiting for!  In the spirit of the Olympics:

BRONZE: 

#27 -- Blame It On Meryl

The prize:  First 25-page critique, query letter critique

SILVER:

#43 -- Breaking Pointe

The prize:  First 50-page critique, query letter critique

GOLD:

#9 -- The Pit

The prize: FULL MANUSCRIPT REQUEST

WINNERS:  Please email me at facelesswords(at)gmail.com for specific submission instructions.

ALSO!!

If Ms. Odgen noted in your comments anything like "I would keep reading" or "I'd love to see more of this" or  "curious how it continues", she requests that you please query her (NOT send the manuscript) at your discretion.  Feel free to mention the Secret Agent contest in your query letter.

Congratulations all!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all of the winners! And many thanks to the Secret Agent for providing us with feedback. After the shock of not receiving a gold medal wears off, I will begin at once to, I don't know, write a winner? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I've been wanting to query Ms. Ogden! I'm sad to have missed this contest! Congrats to all of the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does the "at her discretion" mean we need to wait until e-mailed or asked directly, or is that just a standard phrasing that I'm misinterpreting? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, it is an incredibly stupid typo that I am changing immediately. :P It should say, "at YOUR discretion."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winners! Time to spit-shine my query.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to all the winners! There were some really awesome entries this time!

    ReplyDelete