1. If you didn't read ENCORE: UTTER SILENCE yesterday, please take a moment to read it now. It's a repost from early 2013, with an update. I have a feeling some of you need to hear this right now.
2. As far as my job interview goes, I've got GOOD news and GREAT news. The GOOD news is that I didn't get the job (this will make sense in a moment!). The GREAT news is that the woman who interviewed me was apparently so impressed with me that she forwarded my application to the content director, who agrees that I would be a good fit for a future role in that department. They wanted to know if I was interested.
Heck, yeah! Here's the cool thing. All along, I felt like this company was a perfect fit for me, but that the actual position wasn't quite right. Sure enough, that's exactly how they felt. So at some point, I will likely have a job that's a better fit. I'd much rather be on the content team than the marketing team (and those of you who know me even a little bit are nodding your heads).
I can't thank you enough for your support and encouragement during this interviewing process. The entire experience was affirming and life-giving, and now I can set it lightly aside and wait for the new opportunity to blossom.
3. It's already been announced that The Baker's Dozen has officially drawn its last breath.
In lieu of The Baker's Dozen, we are going to have SOMETHING COMPLETELY NEW AND DIFFERENT!! No official announcement yet--I'm still working out the details. But here are a few teasers:
- It will be open to ALL genres in adult, NA, YA, and MG (except erotica, as always).
- It will include agents.
- There will be rabid bidding.
- You will love it.
So hold onto your hats, because somethin' good is coming!
Love and hugs!