Monday, September 29, 2014

Premiere Critique Slot Available

I wasn't able to offer a premiere critique in the beginning of the month because I was filled up with other editing projects.  However, I'm going to have time to take one on this week, so if you're interested, it's first come, first served!

A PREMIERE CRITIQUE IS:

  • A detailed line edit of your first 75 pages
  • Editorial letter
  • Guaranteed 1-week turnaround
  • $260, half due up front and half after completion of the edit
Interested?  Email me at authoress.edits(at)gmail.com today!

(As always, my $95 30-page edits are available, and are completed in the order in which they are received, with a 1- to 2-month turnaround.)


4 comments:

  1. I really need to get it together- I have been dying to grab one of these slots, but I am taking your "NO FIRST DRAFTS!" seriously. And by NFD, I think you also mean no second drafts :-) I made that mistake once already! Maybe I'll start with a 30-pager...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Anon, thank you for taking me seriously! :) :) Buying for a critique for a first draft is a waste of the author's money and a pain on the editor's eyeballs. And yeah, second drafts are usually suspect as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think becoming more involved in critiquing helped me see the light. I see pals that probably shouldn't even be giving their work to Beta readers yet, let alone hiring an editor. I should know...that was me too...it was very difficult for me to contain my excitement over finishing my first MS (now sleeping soundly in the top drawer of my desk forever). I was lucky enough to learn that lesson early on. Bless that first editor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a learning curve for all of us! I once hired an editor before I should have, too. To my credit, it was NOT a first (or second) draft, but I'm still embarrassed to think of what I sent her. :P Live and learn!

    ReplyDelete