Still, much of the critting has already occurred, so I suppose a few of you may actually read this. So here goes.
Let's talk about your DREAM AGENT.
I know, I know. Some of you haven't begun to query yet. And some of you are agented. But let's talk about this without using actual agent names. It's never too early to think ahead, and it's never too late to be thankful for what you may already have.
In short: What is important to you?
- Having an editorial agent? Or a non-editorial agent?
- Having an agent the same sex? Or doesn't matter?
- Having a sparkly-new agent? Or a crusty old established one? (or not-so-crusty...)
- Having a lot in common personally so you "click?" Or doesn't matter?
- Having a huge sales record? Or is the editorial/relational just as important (or moreso)?
- Boutique? Or monolith? (Think: Writers House)
- Computer-heavy? Or phone-and-paper?
As always, I look forward to reading your comments!